December 4 th – December 8 th
Mission Statement: St. Peter School provides a quality education built on Catholic values and teachings.
Follow the Golden Rule
SUNDAY, December 3rd:
- First Sunday in Advent
- Advent Giving Wreath Tags available in the Church Narthex; Gifts due to Church Dec. 10th
- FOUND Youth Group – Christmas Caroling 6:30-8:00 pm
MONDAY, December 4th:
- Jubilation Choir rehearsal 3:00-3:45 pm
- Advent Prayer Service 1:15 pm in Church; parents/guests are welcome to join us
- Protecting God’s Children 6:00-9:00 pm at Blessed Sacrament Church
TUESDAY, December 5th:
- PMO Band Rehearsals-QND Music Room: 5th gr 3:30-4:30 pm; 6th gr 4:30-5:30 pm; 6th-8th gr Jazz Band 5:30-6:00 pm; 7th/8th gr 6:00-7:30 pm
- IESA 7th/8th gr Boys Crusaders Basketball AWAY games vs Macomb 6:00 pm
WEDNESDAY, December 6th:
- Nicholas Day!
- 8:30 am Children’s Mass – Gr 2 assisting
- Kindergarten students: Safe Kids Adams County Carbon Monoxide Detector forms are due today
- PMO Band Rehearsals: 5th gr 1:15-1:45 pm; 6th gr 1:45-2:15 pm; 7th/8th gr 1:45-2:15 pm
- Quincy Art Center Art Classes 2:30-3:30 pm Maria Goretti Room (registered students only)
- After School Cooking Class 2:30-4:00 pm Cafeteria Kitchen (registered students only)
- PMO Choir Rehearsals: Gr 7/8 3:00-4:00 pm; Gr 4-6 4:10-5:00 pm at QND Music Room
- Early Dismissal at 2:17 for students in grades PK-8. (This will occur throughout the school year.)
- Kindergarten Christmas with Santa at QND 6:30 -7:30 pm
THURSDAY, December 7th:
- Moms Are Praying – Martha Jane Room 8:10 am
- GSA Meeting 10:00 am – School Conference Room
- Handbell Choir Rehearsal 3:00-4:15 pm
- Immaculate Conception Holy Vigil Mass 6:00 pm
FRIDAY, December 8th:
- Immaculate Conception Holy Day Mass (Children’s Mass) 8:30 am – Gr 8 assisting
- Immaculate Conception Mass Schedule: 8:30 am; 10:00 am @QND, 12:10 pm; 6:00 pm
- Harlem Wizards Assembly 1:30 pm in the Gym
- After School Spanish Class Christmas Party – gym
SUNDAY, December 10th:
- Second Sunday in Advent
- Advent Giving Wreath gifts due to Church Narthex this weekend
CONGRATULATIONS 7th GRADE GIRLS CRUSADERS BASKETBALL TEAM!!
The IESA 7th grade Girls Crusaders Basketball team competed in State Sectional Competition Wednesday night, Nov. 29th in Beardstown, IL. They won sectional game against Athens, IL 39-18. They will now compete in the first round of State Competition this Saturday, Dec 2nd in Auburn, IL. Good Luck and Best Wishes to everyone! We are so very proud of you!!
ADAMS COUNTY HCE KIDDIE BAZAAR – DEC 2nd
Teach your children that giving is as fun as receiving this Christmas. Bring them to the Adams County HCE Kiddie Bazaar on Saturday, Dec. 2, from 8:30-11:30 a.m. at Salem Church Hall, 9th and State. Children in Pre-K through 5th grade can shop with the help of chaperones for anyone on their list. Items are 50-cents to $4. No pre-registration necessary. Call Amy Looten at 228-0322 for information.
CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST FOR ST. PETER SCHOOL STAFF – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Hello parents! Mrs. Bradfield, Mrs. Hutson, Mrs. Reichert and I are hosting a Christmas Breakfast for the school faculty and staff on Monday, December 11th from 9:00 am-10:15 am. We are in need of volunteers to supervise our teachers’ classrooms during this time so they can attend. There will be activities planned for the students in advance. Thank you so very much for helping to make this a very special day for our amazing staff at Saint Peter School! Please sign up on the link listed below to help with this special gift for our St. Peter School Staff – this is a great opportunity to earn service hours if you need them. ~Mrs Venvertloh
Date: 12/11/2017 (Mon.) Time: 8:45am – 10:30am CST Location: Saint Peter School Classrooms
Here is the link for the sign up genius: Saint Peter School Staff Christmas Breakfast
QND/PMO CHRISTMAS CHORAL CONCERT – DECEMBER 11th
Please join the choirs of Quincy Notre Dame and the Parochial Music Organization for a Christmas Choral Concert, “Christmas With Friends IX” on Monday, December 11 at 7:00 p.m. in St. Peter Church.
125 students in grades 4-12, from five Quincy parochial schools and QND, comprise the QND Concert Chorale, Mixed Chorus, Madrigal Choir, Women’s and Men’s Glees, and PMO Concert and Cadet Choirs. All ensembles are conducted by Monica Scholz and accompanied by Robert March. Free-will offerings will be gratefully accepted at the door. For more information, visit the QND Choral Music or Parochial Music Organization Facebook pages, or www.quincynotredame.org/arts/qnd-music-news.
LOST AND FOUND
Our Lost and Found continues to grow day by day! Please take a moment to check for any missing items your family may have.
QND items: hoodie and a knapsack Quincy United Windbreaker
St. Peter Sweatshirt: 2 red, 1 blue, 1 white OshKosh Sweatshirt Jacket
Girls sweaters: 4 black, 2 blue, 4 white The North Face black fleece jacket
Justice Teal “Volleyball” jacket Avia pink w/black trim jacket
Lands End blue fleece jacket Joe Boxer blue hooded sweatshirt jacket
Faded Glory gray fleece jacket Green winter coat with gray lining
Old Navy items: gray blue sweatshirt jacket Nike black fleece jacket
Gray fleece jacket Puma blue jacket
Black jacket w/lime green trim “Place” blue hooded sweatshirt w/zipper
Black hoodie Gray two-toned sweatshirt w/lining
Blue fleece jacket w/zipper Black fleece jacket w/red collar
Black lined sweatshirt jacket w/zipper T-shirt blue tye died w/”Adopt a Grandparent” on front
Black coat w/name “Rebeeca” on front/Zion Bobcats Cheer on the back
Please claim if any of these items belong to you. Any clothing left at the beginning of Christmas Vacation will be cleaned and taken to Catholic Charities. Any other items will be disposed of.
We again, ask that parents take a few moments to put their child’s name or initials inside coats, hats, mittens, sweaters, and sweatshirts. We can easily return these items to your children during the school day.
PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN
The last Protecting God’s Children Session for this fall will be held on this Monday, Dec. 4th from 6:00-9:00 pm at Blessed Sacrament Parish/School. If you are interested in helping in your child/ren’s classroom, driving for field trips, etc our Parish and the Springfield Diocese require you to attend this training. Please call 222-2759 to register for this session. This is a one-time only training. If you have already participated in a class, you do not have to take it again.
Dec 11 Christmas Brunch for Staff; Parent volunteers needed to assist w/students; Sign up genius link listed in this update
Advent Giving Wreath gifts picked up for delivery to recipients
Chess Club Meeting 6:00-7:30 pm in the Maria Goretti Room
QND/PMO Choirs Christmas Concert 7:00 pm St. Peter Church
Reconciliation for 7th/8th grade students
Dec 12 Gr 2 field trip to Good Samaritan/Sunset Home “Stockings for Seniors” 8:45-11:05 am
Reconciliation for grades 3-6 students
Dec 13 8:30 am Children’s Mass – Gr 7 assisting
Dec 14 Kindergarten Classes making Gingerbread Houses
Gr 2 students/PSR students – First Reconciliation 6:30 pm in Church
IESA 7th/8th gr Boys Crusaders Basketball AWAY games vs Jacksonville 5:30 pm
Dec 15 Spirit Day!! Donations will be given to Haiti Water Filtration Systems
Covey/Catholic Habits Assembly 8:10 am; Gr 5 presenting Habit #3: What are my roles and goals in being a better Catholic (or faith the student is); Put First Things First
Dec 16 IESA 7th/8th gr Boys Crusaders Basketball AWAY games vs Carrollton 10:00 am
Dec 18 Grade 6 DARE Graduation 1:15 pm in the gym
School Advisory Board Meeting 6:30 pm in the School Conference Room
Dec 19 Out of Dress Code Day – Wear Red, Green, Christmas Attire with out of dress code
bottoms to help celebrate the season!
Classroom Christmas Parties today; K-4 students will have scheduled times in the gym
End of Second Quarter; Report Cards will be sent home January 5th
Dec 20-Jan 2 Christmas Vacation – No School; School resumes on Jan 3rd