April 20th – April 28st
Mission Statement: St. Peter School provides a quality education built on Catholic values and teachings.
SATURDAY, April 20th:
- Easter Vigil Mass 8:00 pm
SUNDAY, April 21st:
- Easter Sunday – Masses 8:00, 9:30, 11:00 am
MONDAY, April 22nd:
- No School – Easter Break
TUESDAY, April 23rd:
- Grade 7 field trip to QND – Trivia Event
- PMO Band Rehearsals at QND: 3:30-4:30 Beginners Band; 4:30-5:30 pm Concert Band; 5:30-6:00 pm Jazz Band; 6:00-7:00 pm Cadet Band
WEDNESDAY, April 24th:
- Children’s School Mass 8:30 am – 1st Grade students assisting
- PMO Band Rehearsals: 5th gr 1:15-1:45 pm; 6th gr 1:45-2:15 pm Music Room
- After School Quincy Art Center Classes – registered students only in Grades K-3 2:30-3:30 pm
- Scholastic Bowl Team Regional Matches begin today
- PMO Choir Rehearsals at QND: 7th/8th Concert Choir 3;00-4:00 pm; 4th-6th Cadet Choir 4:10-5:00 pm
- Gr 7 Parent/Student Confirmation Meeting/DC Meeting 6:30 pm Cafeteria
- Teachers Meetings 2:30-4:00 pm
- Early Dismissal at 2:25 pm for students in gr PK-8th. (This will occur throughout the school year.)
THURSDAY, April 25th:
- Becky Butler w/Budding Artist in the Classroom here w/Rooms 4W, 5W, 6W
- GSA Meeting 10:00 am – School Conference Room
- Online Enrollment Assistance Session 5:00 pm-9:00 pm-Computer Lab; Please sign up through our sign up genius or call the School Office to register
FRIDAY, April 26th:
- Quarter 4 Midterm; Midterm Reports will be posted on FACTS SIS (RenWeb) by May 3rd
- Becky Butler w/Budding Artist in the Classroom here w/Rooms 4E, 5E, 6E
SUNDAY, April 28th:
- SAINTS ALIVE Youth Group Meeting 6:00-7:30 pm – gym
- FOUND Youth Group “Photo Scavenger Hunt” 6:30-8:00 pm – meet in Martha Jane Room
ONLINE ENROLLMENT INFORMATION 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR – DUE MAY 1st
Online Enrollment and payment of enrollment fees are due Wednesday, May 1st. We strongly encourage our families to complete their Online Enrollment at their earliest convenience. For your convenience, we will host one more evening session in our Computer Lab for parents to complete their Online Enrollment and we will be here to help or answer any questions. This session will be Thursday, April 25th from 5:00-9:00 pm. Here is the sign up genius for this last Online Enrollment session: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050D4FA8AA2FA3F94-online Please bring everything that you may need to complete the Online Enrollment. If we don’t have any parents signed up by 1:00 pm on April 25th, then we will cancel the event and notify parents via Parent Alert. Online Enrollment must be completed and all fees paid by May 1st.Beginning May 2nd late fees will be assessed by FACTS. Also, just as a reminder, tuition for the upcoming school year is due June 28, 2019.
ST. PETER PARISH BBQ AND POTLUCK DINNER
Join us on Sunday, May 5th for FUN and FELLOWSHIP! Psst…It also happens to be Fr. Leo’s 70th Birthday! (Per Fr. Leo’s request, please no gifts). The event is at St. Peter’s from 4:30 until 7:00 (Dinner at 5:00). Burgers, Brats, Hot Dogs, Drinks & Desserts will be provided. Share your favorite side dish as follows — A thru H: Salads, I thru R: Side Dishes (mac ‘n’ cheese, beans, potatoes, etc.), S thru Z: Fruits & Veggies. There will be bags, kickball, wiffleball, volleyball and more! RSVP to Lyn at (217) 316-4590 by April 30th. We have attached the flyer for this event to this Weekly Update.
PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN SESSION
Blessed Sacrament Parish will host a Protecting God’s Children Session Monday, May 6th from 6:00-9:00 pm in their Leo Amen Room. If you are interested in helping in your child/ren’s classroom, driving for field trips, helping at the school picnic, etc., our Parish and the Springfield Diocese requires you to attend this training. Please call our Parish Office, 222-3155, to register for this session. This is a one-time only training. If you have already participated in a class, you do not have to take it again. Please call Blessed Sacrament Church Office 222-2759 to register.
BACK TO SCHOOL FAIR – CLOTHES AND SHOES NEEDED
Thank you to our families that have already sent in clothes and shoes for the Back to School Fair. Once again, we are having an awesome response to this very important need in our community. Just as a reminder, donated clothes and shoes should be clean and in good or gently used condition. Families may also donate new clothing/shoes if they would like. Our donation box is in the entrance of school and there is also a box in the Narthex of Church. Donations will be accepted through the end of May.
LOST AND FOUND
If your child is missing shirts, jackets, gloves, etc. please check our Lost and Found. We have so many items and it continues to grow every day! Our Lost and Found is located just inside the front doors of school.
Apr 29 Olympic Day permission forms due to teachers today
Scholastic Bowl Team – Sectionals begin
Apr 29-May 3 Staff Appreciation Week
Apr 30 Gr 8 Confirmation Picture Orders are due to School Office
May 1 Online Enrollment should be finished and submitted; Fees should be paid; late fees will be applied by FACTS May 2nd
8:30 am Children’s Mass – Kindergarten assisting
May 2 Happy Birthday Fr. Leo!!
Boy Talk/Girl Talk – 5th Grade
May 3 Gr 6 field trip to St. Francis School – Law Day 8:35-11:00 am
Gr 1 Mother’s Day Tea 1:30 pm Martha Jane Room
Gr 6 – 8 Spring Dance 7:00-9:30 pm Cafeteria
4th Quarter Midterms posted on FACTS SIS (RenWeb)
May 5 FOUND Youth Group picnic 6:30-8:00 pm