October 8th – October 12th
Mission Statement: St. Peter School provides a quality education built on Catholic values and teachings.
SATURDAY, October 13th:
- Miss Henning and Mr. Genenbacher’s Wedding! Congratulations!!!
- 7th/8th gr QCES Girls Crusaders Basketball HOME games vs QJHS 10:00 at QND
- Cross Country Team AWAY State Meet 11:00 am in Normal 11:00 am
SUNDAY, October 14th:
- Jubilation Choir will sing this Sunday at 9:30 am Mass
- Grade 8 Students, Teachers, and Chaperones begin Washington DC trip through Friday
- SAINTS ALIVE Youth Group – Human Hungry Hippos – 6:00-7:30 pm in the gym
MONDAY, October 15th:
- Preschool, Kindergarten, and Sixth Grade Physicals; Kindergarten Vision Exams due to the school office this morning. Students without physical exam on file will be not be able to attend school beginning on Tuesday until this exam is provided to school.
- New Morning Drop Off Procedure begins this morning; parents were emailed this information last week
- Mad City Money here w/7th grades 8:45 – 11:00 am
- NO Jubilation Choir Rehearsal today
- Chess Club meets 6:30-7:30 pm in the Maria Goretti Room
- 7th/8th gr QCES Girls Crusaders Basketball HOME games vs Turner Jr. High 5:30 pm at QND
- QND Choirs Fall Choral Concert 7:00 pm Blessed Sacrament Church
- School Advisory Board Meeting 6:30 pm in the School Conference Room
TUESDAY, October 16th:
- Kelsey Celek w/QCT here with Kindergarten and 3rd gr classes; Rooms 4E and 6E
- Gr 7 field trip – Illinois Veterans Home All Wars Museum/Bob Mays Park 9:00 am-1:30 pm
- Beginning Band (5th grade students) begin rehearsals at QND today 3:30-4:30 pm
- PMO Bands Rehearsals at QND: 4:30-5:30 pm Concert Band; 5:30-6:00 pm Jazz Band;6:00-7:00 pm Cadet Band
- Crisis Plan Review Meeting 9:00-10:15 am School Conference
- CYO 4th gr Volleyball game – 5:30 pm K&L Arena
- CYO 3rd gr Volleyball game – 6:15 pm K&L Arena
- CYO 7th gr Volleyball game – 7:45 pm K&L Arena
WEDNESDAY, October 17th:
- Children’s School Mass 8:30 am – 2nd grade in charge of preparation
- Gr 7 field trip – Villa Katherine 9:45-11:15 am
- PMO Band Rehearsals: 5th gr 1:15-1:45 pm; 6th gr 1:45-2:15 Music Room
- After School Cooking Class – registered students only in grades 3 and 4
- After School Quincy Art Center Classes – registered students only in grades 4-8
- PMO Choir Rehearsals – QND; 7th-8th gr Concert Choir 3:00-4:00 pm; 4th-6th Cadet Choir 4:10-5:00 pm
- Teachers Development Meeting 2:30 -4:00 pm
- Early Dismissal at 2:25 for students in gr PK-8. (This will occur throughout the school year.)
THURSDAY, October 18th:
- Moms Are Praying 8:10-9:00 am Martha Jane Room
- PK4 AM Class field trip to the Pumpkin Patch 8:45 am
- Gr 7 field trip – Woodland Cemetery 8:45-11:15 am
- Becky Butler w/Budding Artist in the Classroom w/Rooms 4W, 5W, 6W
- GSA Meeting 10:00 am School Conference Room
- Handbell Choir Rehearsal 3:00-4:15 pm; meet in Mrs. Reeder’s Classroom
- Crazy 8’s Math Club 3:00-4:00 pm registered students (gr 3-5) only
- CYO 5th gr Volleyball games – 6:30 and 7:30 pm K&L Arena
- CYO 6th gr Volleyball games – 6:30 and 7:30 pm K&L Arena
FRIDAY, October 19th:
- PK4 PM Class field trip to the Pumpkin Patch 12:30 pm
- Becky Butler w/Budding Artist in the Classroom w/Rooms 4E, 5E, 6E
- Gr 7 field trip – Mercantile Bank and visit Fr. Tolton’s grave 10:45 am–1:30 pm
- 8th Grade Students, Teachers, and Chaperones return home from Washington DC trip
SUNDAY, October 21st:
- FOUND Youth Group Pizza Party 6:30-8:00 pm Martha Jane Room
SCHOOL HEALTH FORMS – Preschool, Kindergarten, and 6th Grade Students – Students not having this form on file must be excluded from school (per Illinois State Law)
We are still missing a few physical forms from our Preschool, Kindergarten, and 6th grade students. Additionally, Kindergarten students must also have a Vision Exam. These completed exams must be on file with our school by this coming Monday,October 15th. The last thing we want to do is not allow your child to attend school. Please turn in your exam forms this coming week.
Physical and Vision exams must be on the IDPH forms. We have extra forms in the office if you need one. Please remember that there is a parent section that must be completed and signed by a parent.
Again, please note these exams are mandated by the State of Illinois. These exams must be on file with the school by October 15, 2018 or we are required to exclude your child from school until the exam has been performed and the form is turned into the school office.
ST. PETER 8th GRADE WASHINGTON D.C.CLASS TRIP Oct. 14th – Oct. 19th
Once again our 8th grade class will be traveling to Washington, D.C. This is a once in a lifetime educational experience they will remember for many years. The knowledge they gain on this very fast paced trip is unbelievable! A huge thank you to Mrs. Martin, Miss Metz, and Mr. Dave Cawthon for working with the 8th grade and organizing the details of the trip. Mrs. Martin has been going on this trip with her students for 10 years and this marks Miss Metz’s 5th year. Dave Cawthon took over the planning of the trip in 2004 upon Fr. Bauer’s retirement from St. Peter. This has been an amazing educational tradition from year to year for our 8th grade students.
The students are very prepared in understanding what they are going to see, what they need to look for in the venues they visit, and the historical content and religious history of what they are touring.
We thank the parents who have agreed to be chaperone. We also extend a very special thank you to Dave Cawthon for all of the planning that goes into this trip. Mr. Cawthon will start planning for next year’s trip the week after he is home from this trip!
The students and chaperones will depart at 1:00 pm on Sunday, Oct. 14th. Please join us in prayer for their safe and heathy travel.
BIRTHDAY BOOK CLUB
Just an FYI to our Birthday Book Club students with August Birthdays – In the past years we have celebrated these birthdays in September. This year we will have the students come pick their book out on their half birthday in February.
Happy Birthday and thanks to the following students with September birthdays for participating in the Birthday Book Club: Mya Deters, Hudson Hauk, Faith Kientzle, Hana Knuffman, Owen Landsom, Liam Lansing, Eli Larson, Karagin Lutz, Jordan Mast, Samantha Reeder, Audrey Robnett, Brianna Stegeman, Rowan Stegeman, Sydney Tyler, Bayley Weisenberger, and Louis Wilson. Happy Birthday!!
QCES CURRICULUM MAPPING
The QCES teachers have started an exciting new initiative. The teachers from Blessed Sacrament, St. Dominic, St. Francis and St. Peter are working together on curriculum mapping. The goals for this year are to create a common science curriculum preschool through eighth grade for the four schools and to provide collaboration time for the seventy-three QCES teachers.
St. Peter teachers have been curriculum mapping the past seven years with local educational consultant and St. Peter parent Elizabeth Brown. We are excited to continue our work with Elizabeth and to collaborate with the other three QCES schools. The funding for the project was obtained through a Tracy Family Foundation grant.
QND CHOIRS FALL CHORAL CONCERT
The QND Choirs, under the direction of Monica Scholz, will present a Fall Choral Concert on Monday, October 15 at 7:00 pm in Blessed Sacrament Church. The Concert Chorale Mixed Chorus, Madrigal Choir, and Women’s and Men’s Glees will be featured. All choirs are accompanied by Robert March. Admission is free and all are invited to attend!
Hansen Spear Funeral Home is a sponsor for QCT’s production of “Witches” by Roald Dahl. Mr. Brian Durante, through Hansen Spear, has let us know that they are offering to St. Peter School families 500 tickets for this performance! They still have tickets available and will be offered as first come, first serve. This performance of “Witches” is on October 24th at 7:30 pm. There will be a costume contest prior to the performance at 7:15 pm (contestants should arrive by 7:00 pm). Students may wear their costumes and compete for Best Costume, Scariest Costume, and Funniest Costume. Prizes will be given. Please call Brian Durante at 217-316-5813 to receive your tickets. Thank you so very much to Mr. Durante and Hansen Spear Funeral Home for this very generous gift!
PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN
Blessed Sacrament Parish is offering a Protecting God’s Children Sessions on Monday, Oct. 22nd. This session will be held in the Blessed Sacrament School Cafeteria, from 6:00-9:00 pm. Please call Blessed Sacrament’s Parish Office, 222-2759 to register for a session.
Please remember, if you want to volunteer with your child/children’s class or with school events, such as field trips, coaching, scouts, etc. for the students you must have this one-time only training.
ST. PETER SCHOOL HALLOWEEN BASH – OCT 30th
St. Peter School is having our annual Halloween Bash on October 30th from 6:30-8:00 pm. We thank our 8th grade class officers for organizing this event for our 6th – 8th grade students. Please bring a canned good/non-perishable item to enter. Students are encouraged to wear their Halloween Costume as there will be a costume contest. There will also be music, dancing, games, snacks, a raffle contest, and pictures. Please plan to attend and have a howling good time!
ST. PETER SCHOOL PIZZA SALE
St. Peter School Pizza Sale has begun! Informational letters and pizza sale forms were sent home with your children last week. Please keep in mind that the end of the brief selling period is approaching quickly (forms and money are due October 22nd)! As an incentive, each family that sells 12 or more pizzas will receive an Out-of-Dress Code Day on Tuesday, November 20th. Additionally, the top five selling families will receive a full week of Out-of-Dress Code. Finally, the top selling family will also receive a $25 gift certificate to TCBY!
PIZZA-MAKING DAY is Saturday, November 3rd, and we need YOUR help! All parent, teacher and staff help is greatly appreciated on this fun-filled morning! In addition, our 7th and 8th grade students can volunteer, but please have them do so only as “runners”. This is a great event to meet and interact with parents, teachers and staff of SPS. It also serves as a great opportunity to earn service hours. Please contact Karen Sedovic at [email protected] or 217-779-1507 with any questions. We look forward to seeing you on November 3rd! Please sign up to help through this signup genius:
QND EXTRAVAGANZA – GET YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
The QND Extravaganza “Raider Rodeo” will be held on Friday, November 16, 2018 at the Ambiance, 5225 Kochs Lane. Doors will open at 6:00 pm. Please come enjoy an evening with dinner and drinks and both live and silent auction items to benefit QND. There will also be a raffle with the grand prize of $3000.00 cash, or one year of QND tuition or two years Catholic Grade School tuition. Tickets are $60.00 each if purchased prior to October 26th or $65.00 after that date. Tickets are available online at:
Tickets may also be purchased at the Gene Grawe Store, located in the Narthex of St. Peter Church, in the Main Office at QND, or by contacting Jeanne Anderson at: [email protected]
Thank you to all who contribute your time, talent, and treasure to this important event which benefits QND in so many ways.
Oct 22 Protecting God’s Children session at Blessed Sacrament 6:00-9:00 pm
Oct 24 8:30 am Children’s Mass – Gr 8 assisting
After School Art Class gr K-3
After School Cooking Class gr 5 and 6
QND 5th Grade Halloween Party at QND 6:30-8:00 pm
Oct 25 Bus Evacuation Drills
Oct 26 First Quarter Ends; Student Led Parent Teacher Conference Nov 5-8
Oct 27 Gr 8 Confirmation Candidates REAP Retreat 12:30-5:30 pm St. Francis Solanus Church
FOUND Youth Group – Bonfire 6:30 -8:00 pm
Oct 29 Chess Club meets 6:30-7:30 pm Maria Goretti Room
Oct 30 Living Rosary 8:45 am in Church
Halloween Bash gr 6-8 6:30-8:00 pm St. Peter School Gym
Oct 31 8:30 am Children’s Mass – Gr 7 assisting
Halloween Parties Gr K-4 1:00 pm in classrooms; Halloween Costume Parade at 1:45 pm
All Saints Vigil Mass 6:00 pm
No PSR Classes tonight